Give this recipe a try! Delicious cookies that stay moist, don’t fall apart, and are high protein thanks to the peanut butter and durum atta. Satisfy that urge with a treat that won’t come back to haunt you later. Make something everyone will keep asking for!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup durum atta 1/2 cup peanut butter (if using natural, cut back 1 oz. of butter)
1/2 cup white rice flour 1/2 cup butter (1/3 cup if using Natural style peanut butter)
1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 large egg
1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips/chunks 1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (375 F), line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flours, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- In a larger bowl, beat the two butters together until they look uniform.
- Add the sugars and mix for 2 minutes, or until the sugar starts to lose its grittiness.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat until the surface looks satiny.
- Add the dry to the wet in 4 stages. Add some flour, fold it in, let it sit for a minute, then mix to incorporate, repeat until all flour is added.
- IF the dough is too wet, add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and mix until the dough is soft, but holds together easily.
- Add the chocolate chips and cut them through the dough well.
- Spoon out tablespoon-sized cookies and spread evenly on pan.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes, do not overbake.
- Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a board to cool.
Makes about 30 cookies. Store in an air-tight container to extend freshness.